On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Steve Thompson <ste...@copper.net> wrote:

> On 03/20/2017 07:45 PM, Steve Smith wrote:
>
>> Two's-complement is an amazingly great way for binary computers to store
>> negative numbers.  It is not so great for humans to read or write.
>>
> <SNIPPAGE>

> So, don't be so hasty to shoot down two's complement.

I hardly did any such thing.  I should have added two's-complement is an
amazingly great way to *process* negative numbers.  It's almost magic.
Thanks to two's-complement, the only difference between signed & logical
addition & subtraction is how the condition code is set.

> However, you could, if you really wanted to, ORG back over the instruction
> and stick whatever it is you want in the Immediate Byte(s). But don't
> forget to also code " ORG , " after you do this just to keep from screwing
> the instruction counter...

That's been mentioned before.  However, a bare "ORG ," should be used with
caution.  Especially in a macro, there's the possibility that a previous
ORG has already placed you further back than you know.

--
sas