On 8/12/2017 3:35 PM, Charles Mills wrote:
Or phrasing the issue differently, I now have working queue management code
using CSG and CSST. It is hard for me to envision how TBEGIN would be so
advantageous that I would tear into this (tricky!) working code and re-write it
for a second logic path.

I think simple queue management can be done with constrained transactions. The non-constrained variety would be most useful in those situations where you must obtain an ENQ or LATCH, make a bunch of updates, and then release the ENQ or LATCH. Not definitive, just my $.02 worth...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc