> I am surprised at your criticism of the four instructions that I used for
> inlining an MVCIN routine in C/C++  (and your PL/X pseudo code) - you don't
> seem to understand how to use the MVCIN instruction.  Check the POP.

>From the pops: The second-operand address designates the rightmost byte

> "a"(src),

This points to the first byte of src but you need the last byte.

Strangely, IBM decided to make reverse instructions more work by requiring you
to point to the last byte. Seems silly when they could have made it HLASM
compatible by calculating the last byte by adding the length. What were they
thinking.

As for using C __ASM, it's fine when it's just a few instructions. A lot of the
code I worked with needed more frequent ASM.

Regards, Jon.