I'm a newbie - I didn't start in IT until 1961 and not using computers until
1964, but I have worked on an application (a session manager) which was OOP.

1) it was multi-tasking and worked by passing messages between tasks.  When an
RU was received from VTAM, a copy was made and the address of the copy was sent
via queues to the task to process it.  Very OO.  All time dependant code was
implemented using a timing task and message(s).  Send a message telling the
time manager when you want something done and send one or more messages to be
sent at that time.

2) all files were objects.  Tasks could not read files.  They had to request a
record.  Each field of each record and each field of any interesting opsys
field had a method.  If you want a value, call a method.  I wrote the methods -
about 1k of them.  During a following upgrade, I added about another 1k of them.

3) all screen were defines as ISPF like specifications, with imbedded method
names.

4) there were stacks one for each user pluse one for each user for each
internal app opened.  The zero level had the global methods and any global
data.  When you read a record, you push the record onto the stack with a simple
small id.  If you are doing an update, you might want to push a second copy
onto the stack.  If the record was e.g. a user record, you would push the
matching profile record onto the stack. etc.

5) screen display consisted of passing the current local stack pointer for the
4(pf3) 8(return) 12(cancel) 16(the world is about to end).  If rc=4, you sent
the appropriate record to the file object for update.  If rc=0 you redisplay.
If rc=12, free updated record.

6) each internal app had its own stack built on the global stack.  Each user of
each internal app had its own stack built on the app stack.

7) as for code reuseability and inheritance, I took the code and made slight
modification and made it decide at startup whether it was a VTAM pgm or a batch
pgm.  It then executed according to what startup built.

It had a c/s feature where it could have a "conversation" with an "intelligent
terminal emulator".  At the time CA bought us, there was a proposal on the
table to use the connection from real terminal and our code to do things today
being done w/XML and other markup languages.