On 2018-07-18, at 16:24:33, Charles Mills wrote:

> CDSECT cares only about assembled code and labels. I believe conditional
> assembly instructions are ignored (but not their effect, of course -- it's
> usual input is an assembled macro such as DCBD). CDSECT does not to my
> knowledge generate #ifdefs. I think #pragma packed(xxxx) is its only C macro
> output.

Given the intense use that both C and Assembler make of conditional
compilation to support multiple target environments, this is an
onerous limitation.  I'm imagining assembling a DSECT for each
target; running CDSECT for each, then concatenating the outputs
separated by #ifdef ... #endif.

Hmmm... Doesn't diff(1) have the ability to generate such #ifdefs?

-- gil