"Inline data is no more expensive than data in another page. In either case,
the reference to the data requires a cache line load to the D-cache, but does
not invalidate/disturb the I-cache"

Is that also now true for the target of an execute perchance?

We went through a whole exercise to get rid of all the

EX *+8

J *+??

<target of execute>

in the code a few years back in the name of efficiency

We needed to do it after the way pipelining was handled changed between
machines - it made a huge difference to performance inside a very very active
chunk of code. It was enough to affect the entire machine throughput.

If I was mildly less demented I'd recall the machine versions (I'm sorta
thinking going from a Z9 to a Z11) but it was a few years back.

If it's not necessary we can go back to being able to see what you meant to do
without scrolling.

I haven't looked at MF architecture in a couple of years so I'm a bit behind
the times in this area.