Speaking for myself, I would consider it "proper" to align the operands
and skip the CS -- the architecture guarantees the behavior, so doing the
update with CS seems like overkill.  (I'd probably also add a comment in
the code for each operand pointing out the reason for the alignment
requirement).

If alignment can't be ensured (e.g., you're passed some random address by
a caller) then that's a different story.

- mb

IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
01/09/2019 06:17:29 AM: