Hi Jonathan!

Regarding the &SYS_HLASM_DATE option, it seems like that doesn’t work
too well for us (the Dignus assembler) as we different maintenance approaches.

So this doesn’t help with “portable” code between the two assemblers.

I don’t expect that to be a major concern to IBM, but I was wondering if a more
abstract approach might be better?   Something along the lines of other
feature-test
symbols in other languages?

That is, when facility X is available, perhaps &SYS_HLASM_FACILITY_X could be
defined?

With this approach, the user has to know that a new facility was available on a
particular
date for example, which PTFs were available at that date.

What if the user applies a later PTF and not an earlier one?  And, the facility
in question
is only available with the earlier one?

  - Thanks! -
   - Dave Rivers -