I'm sure that BXH was inspired by TXI and TXH.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:52 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Using both ends of a register

Architects did a pretty darned good job of designing an instruction set in 1962
that has more or less hung together in 2019. (I know you were kidding, but what
I say is still worth saying.)

BXH, the direct ancestor of JXH, is an original S/360 instruction IIRC. Before
anyone dreamed of high meaning part of a register. All of the BH and similar
extended mnemonics have the same issue.

AHHHR does sound like something a pirate would say.

Charles