I am trying to determine what instructions are self modifying using sysadata
wondering if there is any way to determine that

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf
Of Keven
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 5:18 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Sysadata symbol and literal cross reference record type x’44’
re-post from IBMMAIN

        Using RSECT instead of CSECT would result in your example being flagged
as non-reentrant (self modifying) but it wouldn’t catch any indirect
modification such as:            LA    R5,LABEL            MVI  0(R5),0LABEL DS
  0H             B.     THERE The example would also cause the instruction
cache line to be flushed which isn’t great.There’s almost no reason to use
self-modifying code that makes sense anymore...
Keven

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 10:06 AM -0500, "Joseph Reichman"
<reichman...@gmail.com> wrote:

Had second thoughts and thought this forum to be more appropriate

Thanks

Begin forwarded message: