From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf
Of Ngan, Robert (DXC Luxoft)
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 15:30
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Vector Instructions

Thank you Dan,

This is a lot easier to understand than what's in the Principles of Operations.
I've only gotten thru to Chapter 21 and I've already found three cases where I
can use vector instructions in our code.

One nit (nothing to do with your Powerpoints), the third VPKZ/VUPKZ operand
should be optional, with the assembler defaulting to the length of implied
length of the second operand. Having to always code:

         VPKZ  1,Source,L'Source-1
         VUPKZ 2,Target,L'Target-1

will get tedious really fast.

Robert Ngan