From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Janko Kalinic
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:24 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Hints for coding JES2 exit routines (z/OS JES2 Documentation)

 Assembler instructions

   - All TM (test-under-mask) instructions should use
   BO/BOR/BNO/BNOR/BM/BMR branch instructions rather than BZ/BZR/BNZ/BNZR
   branch instructions. If this technique is used, the logic of the branch
   instruction does not have to be modified when adding or deleting flags in
   the instruction mask.

Is everyone in agreement on the above branch instruction recommendation?

Regards,
John K