ADD LOGICAL and SUBTRACT LOGICAL were part of the original System/360, and are
documented in the A22-6821-0 edition of the System/360 Principles of Operation,
as well as in "Architecture of the IBM System/360", published in the IBM
Journal in April, 1964, which describes the reasoning for many of the design
choices.

-- Tom Marchant