Dave Clark asked

> Where do you draw the line?

You really don't have to draw a line. You give the macro user a way to say
"don't do this checking". You're not trying to "prevent", you're trying to
"help". So if there's a need to do something other than you've accommodated,
let it happen.

Some z/OS system commands have an "OK" option which can be used to indicate
(for example) "normally, you would prompt to confirm that I know what I'm
doing, but since I do know what I'm doing, I'm telling you not to bother
asking" because it can be easier not having to deal with a WTOR to respond to.
Here, some "CHECK=NO" option would indicate similarly "I do know what I'm
doing".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design