I'm still looking at the right way to do comprehensive security
monitoring.  Started looking at the OpenSCAP project to see if I can
leverage their set of checks and (perhaps more importantly)their
detailed description of things.

Carrie Oswald and Sebastian Berm have started on the effort to support
Nagios monitoring plugins.  I updated the monitoring_agents discovery
plugin to discover Nagios monitoring plugins.

I've wrote three more discovery agents:

    findmnt - uses the findmnt command to discover details about mounted
filesystems (similar to 'mount')
    commands - finds the names of commands installed in common places
(/bin, /usr/bin, etc)
    nsswitch - discovers nsswitch settings

The updates mentioned above are available in source control.  I've just
kicked of an official build to make packages available.

    -- Alan Robertson
       al...@assimilationsystems.com OR al...@unix.sh