I'd like some clarification to see if headerRe (and BomgHeaderRe) are
only checking the envelope or if they check what I'm calling the
message header (FROM: SUBJECT:, etc that is recorded after the DATA
line is sent in the SMTP session).

I think we should change the admin console to make this clear.

If they do match envelope and header, could we extend that concept to
have the noprocessing regexes also match the envelope and header?

Related to the regexes, Thomas recommended this regex to allow a specific case:

(((?:\r\n\.{40,}...@email\.capitalone\.com)|(?:
\r\nfrom:(?:[^\r\n]*)?capitalo...@email\.capitalone\.com)|(?
:206\.132\.3\.145)).*?(?!\g{-1})){3}

Would this require that all three of these item appear (40 character
mail-f...@email.capitalone.com, from:
captital...@email.capitalone.com, and the ip 206.132.3.145) appear in
the email or would something like captital...@email.captitalone.com
appearing 3 times in the header be sufficient to have this pass?

THANKS