We could do a 421 or 521 but with whatever message we wanted, like simply
"terminated."  That way malicious actors wouldn't be able to easily
identify ASSP as the one saying that.  A little security through obscurity
- but it's really not important.  If it's a pain to implement, don't.  not
worth it.

I understood the max errors idea, in terms of scoring the ip, but we don't
want to allow bad guys to do anything more once we catch them.  If we catch
the favicon request, we want to kill the connect right there (as ASSP
already does so well), but then stop them from connecting again...  I
figured ASSP could do this pretty easily by simply giving a bad score to
the IP, but again, if that's a pain to write, skip it.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com