>However, if you add scoring to it:

>(?:^|\n)from:\s*_+=>1.5

>ASSP rejects it as invalid Regex.

THIS IS EXPECTED!!!

copied from the bottom of my post

>> in your bombHeaderRe the line should be:
>>
>> ~(?:^|\n)from:\s*_+~=>60
>>
>> the tilds are required in assp because of the used pipe (|) in the
regex

copied from the GUI-help/manual

Fields marked with two asterisk (**) contains regular expressions (regex)
and accept a second weight value. Every weighted regex that contains at
least one '|' has to begin and end with a '~' - inside such regexes it is
not allowed to use a tilde '~', even it is escaped - for example:
~abc\~|def~=>23 or ~abc~|def~=>23 - instead use the octal (\126) or hex
(\x7E) notation , for example ~abc\126|def~=>23 or ~abc\x7E|def~=>23 .
Every weighted regex has to be followed by '=>' and the weight value. For
example: Phishing\.=>1.45|~Heuristics|Email~=>50 or
~(Email|HTML|Sanesecurity)\.(Phishing|Spear|(Spam|Scam)[a-z0-9]?)\.~=>4.6|Spam=>1.1|~Spear|Scam~=>2.1

. The multiplication result of the weight and the penaltybox valence value
will be used for scoring, if the absolute value of weight is less or equal
6. Otherwise the value of weight is used for scoring. It is possible to
define negative values to reduce the resulting message score.

>I did not realize that it used the /s regex switch - that make sense.

in
assp/files/optRE/
all the files used for bombs and regular expressions are starting with
(?^:(?^u:(?is:

What else makes sense? For example:  header-values can be broken in to new
lines at any character, even directly after the collon of the header-tag!
For this reason the /s switch is used for configurable regular expressions
(like spam bombs and others - ........Re)  in assp since they can be
defined!

I had a look in to old code bases and changelogs.
The oldest assp.pl version I found is 1.1.0 from 04.08.2004 09:06 - it
uses the /s switch as well!

in the 1.1.0 changelog I found:

2003-09-26 -- Release 1.0.3
           -- Fixed bug with blank spam forwards
           -- reorganized menu slightly
           -- added extensions to block executables feature
           -- added feature to block spam bombs
           -- added feature to disable greylist upload
           -- increased greylist scan to look at last 3 days

Thomas

I did not realize that it used the /s regex switch - that make sense. I
will need to go edit all of my BombRE's.

Your suggestion did work:

<mailto:rea...@news.readly.com>>>

>>     And looking at mail analysis, it's being caught by this  regex,
even
>>     though there is no underscore:
>>
>>     BombHeader RE: 'highest match: "(matchlength:84)  From: Readly
>>     <readly@news.readly" with valence: 60 - PB value  = 60'
>>     matching bombHeaderRe(file:files/bombheaderre.txt <
file://files/bombheaderre.txt>[line 188]):