On 2020-06-04 11:32 PM, Ercolino De Spiacico wrote:

> So defined that normal password in Thunderbird means PLAIN as I see from the
> logs my ASSP tries to log using LOGIN. Regardless looking at the supported
> AUTH
> list they are all supported:
>
> AUTH PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5

  When "Normal Password" is selected, TB uses either PLAIN or Login for send
authentication. TB prefers whichever is the most secure, in this case LOGIN.
(LOGIN is just base64 encoded.)
  Selecting "Encrypted Password" allows TB to move up the chain a bit to
CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5.

> Thunderbird does work with the same username and password I'm using in ASSP so
> they are correct indeed.

  No spurious leading/trailing whitespace? A screenshot of your settings may
help, or a copy/paste from the config file.
  An option is to use ASSP's debug mode. It dumps a lot of information that
helps with tracing the problem.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com