On 02/10/13 20:43, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> This is weird. I haven't see any other Linux system (Suse, Ubuntu,
> Fedora) behave that way. System includes are supposed to be in
> /usr/include and not some weird location only findable using grep ...
> /

I checked against an Ubuntu 12.04, the /usr/include/sys directory does
not exist. socket.h is also found inside
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys. The compilation fails unless creating
the symlink.

Actually, it seems this kind of setup has at least been around for 2
years. Have a look at this mail which was about implementing multiarch
support in gcc:

> Guessing: Do you want to create a 32bit binary on a 64bit system? Does

No, I want to create a 64 bit executable on a 64 bit system.

> clang (the compiler) have the same trouble?

After all those tests on different O/S and version of the same O/S, I
don't think it is a compiler problem. But if it really can be useful to
solve the issue I can try to compile with clang.

I still believe that either I need to pass an argument to 'bin/package
make' to enable searching headers inside /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu,
either ksh sources are missing something to be compiled under current
version of Debian, Ubuntu and probably all derivatives.

I may try to post a message on debian-devel ml and see what they think
about this.

Thanks.

--
Giovanni Rapagnani