I changed the posting to just ast-developers
it would be good for all to not cross-post identical messages to { ast-users
ast-developers }

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:14:00 +0200 Cedric Blancher wrote:
> Here's another (likely contentious) issue:
> Can we document the extra EUC regex character classes, which are for
> example present in almost all Unix Japanese locales (e.g. jspace,
> jhira, jkata, jkanjim jdigit, while EUC AFAIK defines more), in
> ksh93(1)?

ast regex [[:NAME:]] uses wctype(3) and iswctype(3) to support all
functions supported by the current locale, and this winds its way
to all ast regex and ksh pattern matching and globbing

rather than document all possible NAMEs for all possible locales,
possibly in multiple places (regex(ast), typeset(ksh), etc.),
can we reference documentation that describes the concept and how
a user could determine the available functions for a specific locale?