2012/9/24 Lionel Cons <lionelcons1...@googlemail.com>:
> I have a backport request for ksh93u+:
> Please backport the ~{fd} syntax to shorten paths via
> /proc/$$/fd/${fd} or /dev/fd/${fd}. We found that this gives a
> significant performance benefit when scripts have to process long path
> names.

My requests are:
- Directory fd support, aka ~{fd}. The patch Roland posted is very
short and limited to a specific functionality and should be quite low
risk - still it provides a ingenious way to have short paths relative
to a directory fd with the same functionality as a shell's cwd.
- ksh93v has a bunch of .sh.match fixes which would be very welcome here
- poll builtin

Irek