On 09/30/14 14:01, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
This was fixed a few years ago.

The posix says you "do not touch what you don't understand" so definitely no
"curing". The only proper thing to do is to ignore.
I agree with that logic.

The question here is whether to display such variables or not.

Ksh won't be able to print them, set them nor unset them. That's clear. The
question is - should it list them in 'set' or not?

I think we need to go back one more step, but my knowledge of ksh internals may
fall short here.

In my view, the environment (the structure pointed to by envp**) and the
shell's environment variables are two
different things.

Any entries that are valid variable names should be imported as environment
variables once the process starts.
Any remaining entries should be preserved in the environment structure.

On a subsequent exec, all environment variables should be merged into the
envp** structure.

That way, ksh will not complain about junk in its own namespace, while still
preserving the environment
for subsequent processes.

Henk