Here's another bit of strange behavior I've known about since
ksh-20120612 but was hoping would be fixed in ksh-20140929. Most of the
time, when I try to execute a file that doesn't exist I get the expected
error message: "... not found [No such file or directory]." However, as
the following shows, if I su from a non-admin account (plain) to an
admin account (adm), the error message for trying to execute a file that
doesn't exist changes to: "... cannot execute [Permission denied]:"

$ /usr/bin/id -p
uid    plain
groups    staff com.apple.sharepoint.group.1
$ xxx
ksh: xxx: not found [No such file or directory]
$ su adm
Password:
$ /usr/bin/id -p
login    plain
uid    adm
groups    staff com.apple.sharepoint.group.1 admin
$ xxx
ksh: xxx: cannot execute [Permission denied]
$ IFS=:
$ set -- $PATH $FPATH
$ IFS=,
$ ls {"$*"}/xxx 2>&-
/bin/ls
/opt/ast/bin/ls
$ exit

    This is likely restricted to Mac OS X/Darwin, since Mac OS X/Darwin
is the only dialect of Unix that has admin accounts (specially
privileged  accounts that are members of the group, admin).

    The unexpected error message does not appear if I use "su -" instead
of just su.

                    Terrence Doyle