Hi Richard,

Thanks for pointing out the typo in my test script. It should be “set -e” or
“set -o errexit” (which I think are equivalent) instead of “set -e errexit”.

I should have mentioned that the change in behaviour is not limited to the case
when _both_ the errexit option and ERR trap are enabled. It also applies when
either option is enabled individually - neither of them is triggered by an
error in a pipeline (in ksh-93u+).

As the change in behaviour does not seem to be documented, I suspect that a bug
was introduced in ksh somewhere between 93t+ and 93u+.

Is there a formal way to report a bug in Korn shell, other than sending email
to this list?

Regards,
Milton.