Try this:
ksh -c 'typeset -T vm_t=(integer size) ; compound container=(vm_t -A
foo=([f]=(size=1))) ; print -v container'
(
        vm_t -A foo=(
                [f]=(
                        typeset -l -i size=1
                )
        )
)

Does that answer your question? Container can be read back into a var
with read -C

Ced

On 1 February 2017 at 06:14, Richard L. Hamilton <rlham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Modern ksh93 allows both what amounts to structures (typeset -T) and arrays
> (typeset -a or typeset -A).
>
> Is it possible to have an array of structures?  (in particular, an
> associative array)
>
> If so, are there any examples available?
>
> Say that I have a structure consisting of at a minimum:
>
> vmhost
> vmstartcmd
> vmstopcmd
>
> and I want a structure with those members, and an array of them that can be
> looked up by vmname, given that I have VMs on multiple hosts using more than
> one sort of VM software (e.g. Parallels and VirtualBox).

Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@gmail.com>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]
Institute Pasteur