On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:45 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
Is there any reason, thus, that the version of asterisk-sounds is
automatically bumped on each release of Asterisk? Could it be bumped
only when there is actually a releasble change? If not: could the
tarball include some sort of changelog?

No. I plan to only bump version numbers when things have actually changed from now on.

Note that this breaks badly if you don't have internet connection.

This method would only be used if the version of Asterisk currently being installed was checked out of svn. I think it is safe to assume that anyone installing an svn checkout has an internet connection available.

When talking to Kevin last night on IRC, we modified the plan a little bit. When using a svn checkout, instead of downloading the tarball, we can just download the appropriate tag using svn.

We would also like to do a little bit of a reorganization of the asterisk-sounds repository:

        asterisk-sounds/base/
The base sounds that are currently in the Asterisk repository

        asterisk-sounds/extras/
These are the sounds currently in asterisk-sounds/.

        asterisk-sounds/other/
We could then easily add other directories as appropriate.

So will it be in asterisk-sounds or in asterisk? Or both? The base/
directory can be a source of problems if people start to use it
literally (if it is in the asterisk-sounds tarball).

I prefer to keep the base sounds in the Asterisk tarball for the sake of simplicity.

--
Russell Bryant