On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Kevin Harwell <kharw...@digium.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Steve Murphy <m...@parsetree.com> wrote:
>
>> When I load the opus codec (from digium),
>> I don't see it in the "core show translation" output.
>> Anybody know why?
>>

> I've downloaded "codec_opus" (from Digium) for Asterisk 13. After starting
> Asterisk I issued the following command from the CLI:
>
> core show translation
>
> I was able to see opus information in the table output.
>
> What version of Asterisk are you having the problem in? Also how did you
> obtain the codec? Did you select it through menuselect or did you download
> it manually and then copy the *.so files into the Asterisk lib directory?

I'm in 13.17.0.
​ Installed the external via menuselect, the installation downloaded and
installed the codecs (opus, slik, sirens)​

​Weird!

I just checked again. opus is now in the list!

It's not like I just missed it. I restarted asterisk. Not in the list.
Restarted again. Not in the list.
wrote my email.
when I spotted your answer, I was going to include the output of "core show
translation", but the
originals were too far back in the past to scroll to, so I re-entered the
command, and doggone-it,
opus in the array now.

Sorry to bother you. Maybe it took a few (>15min?) to register? (But the
others showed up right away).
For anyone else tempted to ask after installation and startup, if you don't
spot opus, wait a few more mins
and try again!

murf

--