Hi,

I maintain an external channel driver called chan_capi for ISDN4BSD (not the same like chan_capi for Linux). Every time there is a new major release of Asterisk I need to update my channel driver, because some APIs have changed. My question is how can I avoid this?

1) Are there any plans for long-term APIs in Asterisk?

2) How can I get my channel driver into Asterisk itself to have the Asterisk developers do this work whenever there is a significant API change?

--HPS

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/chan_capi