Somewhere in Asterisk space, there’s an old patch where I added ASTDB over
realtime, meaning you can use
any realtime storage. If I remember correctly there was a bit of
chicken-and-egg problem with some astdb
calls happening before realtime got launched, but otherwise it worked just fine
in production for a long time.

/O