I'd be interested in what Loway would have to say about this (or any other reporting systems).  ATTENDEDTRANSFER already uses 4 data fields, so I don't have any issue if CONNECT sets the 4th data field to linkedid.  I don't see this as a format change, if we were talking about adding a 5th data field I'd feel be differently (since no verb has 5 data fields).