On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:29 AM Joshua C. Colp <jc...@sangoma.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 10:24 AM Dan Jenkins <d...@nimblea.pe> wrote:
>>
>> YES YES YES.
>

> I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you. Did you say "no"? :D
>

>> I never really got why it was done like it was...
>

> Yeah, I don't really recall why either. I think it originates from a time
> where we were still early to testing and didn't have confidence in things as
> much, still finding our footing.
>

>> I agree, 4-6 weeks is good. If someone's going to take the time to upgrade
>> to an 18 RC then they'll be looking to test it and give feedback etc etc so
>> you don't need a huge amount of time... just enough to actually action bug
>> fixes and then release new RCs with those bug fixes
>

> Indeed. Even before cutting the RC we'll be testing it and such too.

This sounds like a good idea and definitely removes some of the
complications around keeping branches in sync at that time.

I'd be a fan of the 6 weeks side of things for major releases.

Just my .02.
Matthew Fredrickson

> --
> Joshua C. Colp
> Asterisk Technical Lead
> Sangoma Technologies
> Check us out at www.sangoma.com and www.asterisk.org
> --

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Director of Open Source Software Development