as per my experience with systems built on top of asterisk not just vanilla
asterisk it took like 4 full years from starting implantation for pjsip
starting at  Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:
>Added PJSIP tables and started integrating it<dd>First round of changes to
introduce PJSIP... wow... it will be a huge blood bath, for start, you need
asterisk 13.10 and chan_sip is not usable on 13.10. Stay tuned for next
releases </dd>
till recently on,
11 May 2020 00:55:54 +0200 >Added a way to mass change the tech for
extensions from chan_sip to PJSIP and back. It is available on
Configuration/Extensions page

and still fixing bugs  94 fixis  in four years when doing major changes 4
years is needed minor stuff could go faster

think of all the guys who are running asterisk the last 5 years and need a
complete change you need time plan sometimes the latest os when you have
just another integration crm which for now can work only with   the older
os etc