On 4/4/2023 2:53 PM, George Joseph wrote:
<snip>

Speaking of workflows...  If you want to see the workflows and
actions we've written so far, check out the asterisk/asterisk-gh-test (the
.github/workflows directory) and asterisk/asterisk-ci-actions repos.   If
you're experienced with GitHub workflows, feedback is appreciated.
Thanks, George, et al, for all this amazing work. I admit Gerrit has grown on me a little over the years, but other developers I've discussed with do prefer GitHub and I'm eager to give this a try when it's all ready.

One question from looking through some of the workflows that are up now:
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk-gh-test/blob/master/.github/workflows/CloseStaleIssues.yml

I'm a bit curious about the auto-closing functionality:

 * Do you think 14-21 days is a sufficient threshold for most issues?
   It seems potentially a bit low to me. For example, once an issue is
   triaged and opened, will it just be closed automatically 3 weeks
   later if it hasn't been resolved by then? Or are issues in the
   'open' state exempt from this, this is purely for triage to weed out
   junk issues?
 * Case in point: one vendor I deal with frequently has this annoying
   auto-close functionality in their system which triggers after about
   2 weeks or so. Often more time is required on one of our ends just
   to follow up on the last thing, so there is a lot of inevitable
   "commenting to avoid auto closure" and this just adds a lot of noise
   into the tickets.
 * Is there any connection with reviews/PRs in progress? Suppose an
   issue is open and maybe on the verge of being stale, but someone has
   submitted a PR against. Changes can often take much longer than 3
   weeks to merge, so it wouldn't make sense for an issue to close
   itself in that case. So I'm concerned perhaps that might not be
   sufficient time.

I guess this will answer itself after the migration when we see how people interact with it, but curious if these were just defaults or if these were customized for the project.

Thanks again for all this heavy lifting!

 NA