From: Mark Spencer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 6:58 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Dual T400P, SMP, performance issues

> As far as SMP and single T400P - we'll try and report the results
> but the idea was to go with as high density as possible ...

Right, I'm just trying to narrow down the problem.  I'm theorizing that
the problem is some sort of spinlock deadlock.  Does it only occur if
there is activity or even if the lines are up but no calls taking place?

> What do you think of using hyperthreading - should we enable or disable it
> for the box running asterisk?

We use hyperthreading but have not run tests longer than a few hours on
those machines.

> What about -DCONFIG_ZAPTEL_WATCHDOG ? Can it help and how to use it?
Likely will make no difference in this situation.

Mark