My synapses are rather fried after a long few days of debugging other problems, so perhaps I'm being lazy in sending this to the general list, but I can't think straight about it. Forgive me if there is an overly obvious solution to this.

I have a list of phone numbers that are SIP extensions. I'd like to dial them via SIP if ${EXTEN} is equal to one of those numbers. If ${EXTEN} is not equal to one of those numbers, I'd like to send the call out to a PRI group, regardless of dialed sequence length or pattern.

It seems I cannot do this with *'s pattern matching, due to the order in which extensions are parsed, which seems to be least-specific to most-specific. This causes all kinds of headaches when trying to use wildcards, since wildcards are super-least-specific.

My desire would be to have the more specific matches done first, so that if ${EXTEN} would be matched in an order that makes sense. I understand why matching goes from least-to-most specific for analog equipment, but it makes certain tasks impossible from a dialplan point of view when I have the full number and I'm not waiting on a user to finish typing the digits.

If presented with 12123669751 I would expect the match to happen and the SIP extension to be dialed. It doesn't. It dials the Zap extension.

[foo]
;
exten => _1212366975X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _181772721[8-9]X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _191481287[4-7]X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _141550926[0-2]X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
;
exten => _.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
;

How do I invert this match examination to make it go most- to least-specific execution?

JT