Steven Critchfield wrote:

Please trim unnecessary lines from the post.

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:23, Cristi wrote:

What is the need for the callerid in the following configuration:
(default config page)
;callerid="Green Phone"<(256) 428-6121>
;channel => 1
;callerid="Black Phone"<(256) 428-6122>
;channel => 2
;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 428-6123>
;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(630) 372-1564>
;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 704-4666>
;channel => 3
;callerid="Pac Tel Phone" <(256) 428-6124>
;channel => 4
;callerid="Uniden Dead" <(256) 428-6125>
;channel => 5
;callerid="Cortelco 2500" <(256) 428-6126>
;channel => 6
;callerid="Main TA 750" <(256) 428-6127>
;channel => 44
It is the mapping between PTSN nr and channel numbers?

This is to make internal phones show callerID. Notice the "Green phone", "Black Phone", These are to specify what callerid to use when the channel is used to place a call.

In my office and at home I have set each channels caller ID to specify
the user at the end of the phone. This way you know who it is inside
your office calling you when you see the callerid. Also, when used
appropriately, you can specify either your main trunk number or specific
DID numbers for the callerID display on a PRI line. This way you could
set up a 9+ dialing for DID display, and 8+ for main line display. This
is helpful when you are doing generic calling or specific calling.

First let me thank you for all the answers that I got from the asterisk people!

Another question : Let say that now I have a E1 ISDN into a 4E1 card and I don't have any errors :. What configuration I have to do get a call ? Tring a nr associated with the channel I got only a busy line!From where the asterisk know what nr to answer ? It is specified into the extension config file for the context associated with the channel group?

 == D-Channel on span 1 up
 == D-Channel on span 3 up
   -- B-channel 1 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 6 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 7 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 8 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 9 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 10 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 11 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 12 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 13 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 14 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 15 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 17 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 18 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 19 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 20 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 21 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 22 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 23 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 24 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 25 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 26 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 27 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 28 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 29 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 30 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 31 successfully restarted on span 3
   -- B-channel 1 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 6 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 7 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 8 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 9 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 10 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 11 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 12 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 13 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 14 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 15 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 17 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 18 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 19 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 20 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 21 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 22 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 23 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 24 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 25 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 26 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 27 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 28 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 29 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 30 successfully restarted on span 1
   -- B-channel 31 successfully restarted on span 1