I'm trying to make the MWI indicators on my client's Vodavi Starplus DHS phones work. The actual signalling - in-band DTMF from the ZAP interfaces directly to the PBX system - works fine. I can manually tell asterisk to send "#9610" as DTMF and voila, the MWI on extension 10 lights (or goes out.) The question is, how is this integrated with voicemail, i.e. so that the MWI turns on and off appropriately, when new messages arrive and after a user has listened to their messages?

I've checked the last two months of mailing-list messages but found no mention of this situation. Any tips or pointers to online docs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. Thanks to Jsmith for the fast, simple answer to my last question re: version number in CVS not updating.