That is not just true of IAX. There appears to be substantial amount of RTP traffic, which trunks a variable bundle of calls between the same two points, used by IDD services. The traffic has to be going between the same two points to make that work, though, whichever protocol you use as the transport.

Regards,
Steve

Martin Pycko wrote:

Unless you use IAX2 trunking that would limit 32 calls to 50 packets/sec.

Martin