On Jul 1, 2005, at 4:03 AM, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

Robert Goodyear wrote:

I'm sure you really only want to know about the absence of problems. From watching this list for 6 months it seems the SuperMicro products are most lauded and have exhibited no hardware conflicts. Various votes on Dell products, so you're probably best to stay away, even though I've got five installs with TE110Ps in them that have never missed a beat -- Dimension boxes, not PowerEdge.

The SuperMicro Xeon board we tried failed miserably with both the T100P and TE110P. It had the ServerWorks IDE Chipset, which I suspect was the problem.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120

Bummer! I thought I'd heard all good things about them... sorta like VoIP providers; as soon as everyone agrees things are OK, something goes awry!

-Rob.