Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

The first two statements are true; the third is not.

While you can certainly distribute the code you contribute to us via any
other means you wish (under any other license you wish, including the
GPL), the Digium Asterisk source tree cannot accept "GPL only" code.

So what are they planning on doing with the Google Summer of Code results?

The Summer of Code licensing requirements are sufficiently ambiguous as to allow the Asterisk work to be licensed as public domain, and that would suit Digium just fine, I suspect.

Did they really sign up as a mentor just to get the 500 bucks?

Well, I'm sure that was an added bonus. :-) Free work and free money. It reminds me of a certain Dire Straits lyric.

Lee.