I don’t know if I have the same experiences. Usually my Skype calls are very garbled at first. I find that my G729 Asterisk calls are better quality.  You can try using ULAW if you have the bandwidth. It. might make the “quality” sound better.

Maybe it’s your SIP client/hardware phone that is giving you troubles.

Storm.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dean Collins
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:51 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] super high bandwidth codec

I’ve just gotten off a skype conference call and it pisses me off that the quality of skype is higher than my asterisk calls.

Is there such a thing as a super high bandwidth codec?

In a situation that you have the bandwidth to share is there something that I can use for important calls when the situation warrants it?

TIA,

Dean