PRI is one of many signaling formats available on a T1 circuit. T1 and PRI are not the same thing. Have your carrier change the signaling format of your T1 to PRI. PRI is 23 B Channels and 1 D Channel (Signaling) and is an end office protocol. It has many of the features of a full blown SS7 network.
Waldo Rubinstein wrote:

Derek/Jeremy/Kevin,

Thank you all for your comments. I suspected the issue would be the fact that we don't have a PRI but a T1. However, I decided to post the question to the list simply because I would assume that because the carrier is looking at our circuit configuration when answering my questions, they should know we don't have a PRI and they should have told us that we need PRI or it won't work.

To address your previous post, we are setting it to a caller id of a number assigned to us.

I'm just confused simply because of the fact that the carrier never caught or mentioned that we don't have a PRI and I spoke with 4 of their engineers and 2 supervisors. Go figure. I guess it's time to switch to a better carrier that knows what the heck they're doing.

Thanks again,
Waldo