I have a couple SIP phones on a PIII 1Ghz 256MB * server with a TDM01B connected to the PSTN.  Calls between SIP phones are clear.  Calls to the PSTN are quite noisy.  The other person does not hear noise but I hear quite a bit.  It is not an annoying sound but definitely much noisier than typical PSTN or even cell phone calls.

I believe I have a TDM400P REV H card.  I definitely don't have any IRQ issues.  Everything not required is disabled in BIOS.  Zaptel drivers have been compiled with defaults and with MMX and other enhancements.  Have tried V1.0.9.1 and current 1.2 beta1 software.  Nothing changes.  Tried telco PSTN connection and VoIP provider connection via ATA which both sound clear when connected directly to an analog phone. Nothing changes.  Tried adjusting RX/TX gain and echo cancellation in zaptel.conf.  Nothing changes.

 Does any one have any ideas?  Could my FXO module be bad?