Rich Adamson wrote:

I am searching for a way to add a 2 second delay before calling out with Dial().
Sometimes I get the message "you must first dial a 1 to place this call".
I presume the phone company is missing the first digit pulsed out sometimes.
How do I put a 2 second delay after coming offhook and before dialing the
digits?

Come on guy, did you do any research or reading at all? That question has been
answered many many times in the last 60 days.

Hint: insert a "w" in the dial string. Each "w" adds about 250 milliseconds of
delay. Example:
exten => _9XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/w${EXTEN})
Again, ONLY when dialing DTMF. There is no way to delay dialing pulse, which, oh by the way, is still used in a number of places around the world!

What is the correct amount of delay?
I have read 1 second, 1/2 second, now 1/4 second. Which is correct?

John Novack