In my experience, rxgain and txgain settings is changing without full restart, reload of chan_zap.so seems to be enough. Please let me know if you think this is problematic. I don't know about other zapata.conf parameters.

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Correct -- any changes to just zapata.conf do require a full restart of asterisk (but do not require reloading of zaptel modules)

Rich Adamson wrote:

I'm 98% sure the zapata.conf changes require a full stop/start of asterisk.

Are changes to the zapata.conf  file read on the fly or do you have to
restart the asterisk process?