Which file does the jitterbuffer setting go in, zaptel or zapata.conf?

I can't find it documented anywhere. What version of zaptel drivers include a jitterbuffer?

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270

Alejandro G wrote:

I tested all again. No matter if span=1,1,0  or span=1,0,0 if I configure
jitterbufer=4 I have glitches that I'm almost sure that are "holes" in
audio.

If I raise jitterbufer=16 the problem disappear (or becames impercetible).
Anyway I am interested in understand what is happening.

Your issue is very likely the size of the zaptel jitterbuffers setting. If

the zaptel driver is not

immediately available to accept a frame of data it places it in an

internal queue of pending writes.

If that queue is full then the write is refused by the zaptel layer and

then silently discarded by

chan_zap causing a gap in the audio once it is played out of the zaptel

card. If you crank up the

debug level you will probably see 'Write returned -1...' (aka. EAGAIN)

debugs that mostly correlate to

the pops and clicks. Note that the zaptel driver legitimatly (if perhaps

not appropriately) also

refuses data when the channel is muted, such as during DTMF generation and

at other times, so not

_all_ EAGAIN debugs are a sign of problems.

This makes perfect sense but again some issues of the problem do not match.
I set debug at level 9 and  there is no message of errors. Another thing I
do not understand is why the same configuration:

PAP2 <-> LAN <-> Asterisk <-> TE100P  works perfect, and instead of LAN
using internet generates the problem. Shouldn't it be the same for both
configs?

The only difference I see is that the rtp packets came from another Ethernet
card, but if I call to terminate calls with another carrier using that eth
works fine.

What is clear is that jitterbuffer=16 corrects the problem.

One more thing: no matter what codec I use, G729 or G711 the sound clicks
are almost the same.

Is anyway I could debug at RTP level in asterisk to see what is happening
and check if there is packet loose?

Thanks

Alejandro