Craig Guy wrote:
Has anyone on the list used a Soekris engineering PC as a TDM - Ethernet bridge? For example something like a net4801 with a TE110p in it and then using TDMoE to get it into a bigger server where the call processing proper will occur.

Anyone know if it might handle a quadspan card ok? (no transcoding, just pure PRI to TDMoE bridging).

Craig

Craig,

It all depends on where you are going to do what (PRI, echo cancel, etc). Also, for four spans the interrupt load alone could probably saturate the CPU.

        If you want to try, AstLinux will be an excellent start...

http://www.astlinux.org

P.S. - I created AstLinux, so of course I would recommend it!

--
Kristian Kielhofner