George Pajari wrote:

Depends on your ILEC/CLEC. Here is Vancouver they are the same price as non-DID trunks with DID numbers $2/ea in quantities < 1000 (from at least one CLEC). I have heard of CLECs in the US where DIDs are a tenth of this cost.

Yep. We're using US LEC here (with a PRI) and they charge us ~$4/month for a block of 20 DIDs.

I'm not sure if they would do any of the analog DID stuff, though. Actually, I don't think you can purchase straight analog lines from them (unless you co-lo at their switch.) Instead, if you need analog, they'll bring in a T1 and setup a channel bank for you.

I've always wondered why some places charge so much for DIDs, though.

         Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gault, KD4NED    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Administrator, WinWorld Corporation

Want a free GMail invite?  E-Mail me and let me know!