----- Original Message ----- From: "Tzafrir Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cannot telnet to port 5038 on asterisk

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 06:56:39PM +0100, Steve Daniels wrote:
Try a a good old
netstat -a | grep 5038

netstat -lntup | grep 5038

-l is generally preferable than -a: only gives listening ports. -t: tcp
sockets only. -p: also pid and name of the process that has the socket.

-a show's all sockets regardless of state
though I admit including -p would check that it was actually * listening on that port, and make sure that no other process is preventing * from binding to that port.

That will tell you if * is listening and what it's listening on.
Then if it show's * is listening, it must be a permit =, or a firewall
issue.

Though most firewalls allow everything on the interface lo. My guess is
that either asterisk is not running or it has not been *restarted* since
the configuration change. Reloading is not enough to change the
IP address(es) Asterisk listens on or make it start listen at all
(right?)

Make sure you restart the process, it sounds as if you've probably restarted it a fair few times though..

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best